Sunday 27 January 2013

Where's the Google+ Activity Log?



// So last night, I commented in a #community post. This morning I can't find it. Unless someone replies to my comment or +1 it, I will never be able to find it. 

So how about an #activity #log, a (private or public depending on user choice) page where all comments I've made and all posts I've +1 can be found? It took about 6 years for that other site to do it, surely it should take less for #GooglePlus ! :-)

cc: (calling out the great powers of G+ :)) +Vic Gundotra +Mike Elgan +Robert Scoble +Guy Kawasaki   
#googleplusrequest #GooglePlusFeatureRequest

8 comments:

  1. Something similar is coming up..
    https://developers.google.com/+/history/learn-more

    ReplyDelete
  2. +Shamil Weerakoon many thanks for the link, will sign-up! But this is for actions outside g+, like watching a video on YouTube or Vimeo, my request is for "internal" actions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is for all your activity on Google

    ReplyDelete
  4. The initial page (before signing-up) doesn't make that clear. Testing if this comment shows up...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nope :) The comment above doesn't show up in the "Comments" filtered page of History

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes. Even I don't. Hence, it is still under developers' preview. May encounter many bugs and missing data.

    ReplyDelete
  7. +1 on Gizmodo page showed up (instantly). Viewing a video on YouTube didn't. Google search nada. Will need to find some time to play with API, I could use this on one of my sites :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok, YouTube history now is being copied over to the History tab. I guess the "comments" filter choice is a place-holder :) 

    [edit] Actions sync back: Deleting entries from the viewing history on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/my_history will delete them from the History tab. The same for +1s on pages. Sweet!

    ReplyDelete